Friday, March 16, 2012

26) What Financial Planning Has Done for Me




As a Professional:

Ø  Allowed me to make a living
Ø  Allowed me to do something I like
Ø  Allowed me to help others and make a difference in their lives
Ø  Allowed me to be around other educated, honorable, balanced, successful professionals
Ø  Allowed me to be an entrepreneur
Ø  Allowed me to build/maintain self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-respect
Ø  Taught me professional & business skills
Ø  Allowed me to be my own boss
Ø  Allowed me to make my own schedule
Ø  Allowed me to work from remote locations for extended periods (in a bathing suit)
Ø  Allowed me to practice what I learned in business school
Ø  Allowed me to be creative
Ø  Allowed me to choose my clients and co-workers
Ø  Allowed me to 'fire' clients who misbehave
Ø  Taught me to delegate



As a Consumer:

ü  Teaches me about goals & objectives
ü  Helps me to assess my personal values
ü  Teaches me life skills
ü  Helps me to be healthy (e.g. mental, physical, nutrition, etc.)
ü  Helps me to be balanced (e.g. body-mind & spirit, work/play, eat/exercise, rest/sleep, live for today/plan for tomorrow)
ü  Allows me self respect and self-confidence
ü  Allows me to construct, prepare and file my taxes
ü  Allows me to manage my investments effectively
ü  Allows me to manage my insurances effectively
ü  Allows me to manage my credit effectively
ü  Allows me to protect my assets
ü  Allows me a feeling of security in light of the unknown
ü  Allows me to get married
ü  Allows me to, financially, easily get divorced
ü  Helps me to achieve/attain more of what I want out of life by planning & managing my finances effectively, and time well
ü  Helps me manage my budget
ü  Helps me to ask for help
ü  Taught me to integrate different parts of my life
ü  Allows me to maintain my body
ü  Allows me to maintain my sanity and keep my existence in perspective
ü  Allows me to maintain my sense of humor
ü  Allows me to maintain my home
ü  Allows me to maintain my 1978 Firebird w/Cragers and a working 8-Track
ü  Allows me to travel/live in other places on a budget
ü  Allows me to socialize with good friends and family
ü  Allows me to take advantage of New York on a budget (e.g. culture, food)
ü  Allows me to achieve life goals
ü  Allows me to pursue diverse interests
ü  Allows me to find peace, joy, contentment & happiness
ü  Allows me to help others
ü  Allows me to enjoy my life

What’s financial planning done for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment