Friday, December 21, 2012

Chicken Little 2.0

52)  'Chicken Little 2.0'




T
he world ends later today; I’m not sure if it’s US Eastern Daylight Savings Tme or not.  If you're in Australia, it may have already happened.

            I know because Chicken Little told me.  Not to mention, it's the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, the planets are aligning with the Milky Way, the Sun has started its 11 year storm cycle, we're late for the 6th extinction, Planet Nibiru is going to collide with us, the Poles are reversing, it's the Winter Solstice, the date is all ones and twos (i.e. 12/21/12), there was Super Storm Sandy, people are going crazy and killing children, and the Mayan Calendar ends today!

            WHAT'S A WOMAN TO DO?!!

            If I commanded the Starship Enterprise, I could go to Talos IV, and live any dream I had.  Or, I could visit Mr. Atoz and get processed so that I could step through the Atavacron to a historical period and live out my days in the past, where they all speak English.

            But, we all know that we don't space travel - yet.  (Plans are being discussed for one of the next times the world ends.)

            Financial planning is about the future, but it starts with preventing stepping backwards.  This is risk management.

            Risk management is:

                        1. Common sense (Not giving anything away yet, not drinking Jonestown Kool Aid, or spending all of your savings or credit)
                        2. Dealing with emergencies
                        3. Having emergency savings (which can double as an opportunity fund)
                        3. Credit availability (to supplement cash, or travel - actual or virtual)
                        4. Insurance (transference of catastrophic risks to others)

            I'm prepared; are you?

            If I'm wrong, I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow; maybe I'll do the laundry or I'll watch Star Trek, eat a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli with a Pepsi, and nap, or finally holiday shop.

            Are you managing your risks?  Or ignoring them?  Are you managing your money or is it managing you? Have you been processed for the Atavacron?  What have you planned for tomorrow? 

            (Please don’t call today; I’m having my end of the world cocktail at noon - that’s when it’s midnight in Australia.) 

           

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment